Stack Overflow Android Room Rules
Website maintained by Octavian 'mainerror' Damiean
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Welcome to the Stack Overflow Android Room Rules page
This page is the official and authoritive collection of rules for the Android chat room hosted on the Stack Overflow chat server.
How can I get write access?
You will not gain write access to the room if one of the following holds true:
- You have a low reputation score.
- You have a default user name (such as user12345).
- You have not asked and answered reasonable questions on Stack Overflow.
- You repeatedly request write access, we know you're waiting for access and multiple requests will get you blocked.
What are the rules?
If you follow them you shouldn't have any problem with the room owners.
- Please do not ask a question unless you have first thoroughly researched it yourself.
- developer.android.com has everything you should ever need to do all but the most advanced functionality. 99% of the time your solution will be there.
- Please speak English as correctly as you're able.
- Do not paste code into chat, instead use a site such as Ubuntu Pastebin or a GitHub Gist.
- When you Ping (preface a username with an "@") people be aware you're sending a sound to their terminal. This can quickly become annoying.
- If you have an issue which you cannot solve after research, write your question on Stack Overflow and send a link to it (without accompanying text) in the channel, it will be automatically formatted to allow people to read it.
- If no one helps, we're either busy or we don't know - do NOT ping people.
- Everything unicorn related is allowed.
- Please do not paste large / non-professional images in the room. Many of us have a window open to the room from our place of business.
- Be excellent to each another.
- Do not star nil's messages!